With the pedestrian zebra crossing at most of the slip-road traffic junction, you may have the opportunity to see some of the following classic behavior and elegance actions demonstrated by the Singaporean pedestrians:
1. Walk along the roadside and make a sudden turn to walk into the slip-road.
2. Kissing and talking with the love one while crossing the slip-road as thus the whole world is belong to only two of them.
3. Strolling slowly crossing the slip-road without considering that the motorists are equally eager to pass this Zebra Crossing
4. Strolling slowly crossing the slip-road and turn the back away from the direction of the incoming vehicles, very sure that no vehicle can accidentally hit on them.
5. Skating along the roadside and make a sudden turn into the slip-road.
The responsibility of road safety not just depends on the motorists but also the pedestrians.
I believed that these are the major factors that contributing to the high rate of fatal accident for such location in Singapore.
Our pedestrians need road manner and considerate training in using the pedestrian zebra crossing in all the road safety campaign.
This message was edited by cmeng on 22 May 2001 03:52 PM