|Networking For Everyone - Part 5
[Click for Graphical
Summary of Steps]
Step 1: Remove your PC's cover and plug
the RL2000 PCI card into an open slot on the motherboard. Repeat for each computer.
Step 2: Plug one end of the provided
10-base-T cabling into the PC's RL2000 PCI card.
Step 3: Connect the other end of the cable
into the 6 Ports TP1006C Hub.Repeat for each computer.
Step 4: Once your PCs have been connected
to the TP1006C hub. power up your computer and configure your Windows95 or other
- Cost effective (cheap) for a 6-port Hub + 3 NIC
- faster PCI NICs
- NICs support 10base-T as well as 10base-2
- All-in-one package
- NE2000 compatible ( Linux friendly =) )
- No power-adaptor draws power from AT/PS2 connector
- Limited expansion of the 6-port hub (even with uplink)
For someone who wants to start learning networking, this is
a really good buy! So hurry, get yours now!